Saturday, April 28, 2007

Back to work

At 8pm tonite. I got in some trigger time this afternoon doing pop drills wiht my new browing gold 12 ga. I also did a review on rainier ballisitics plated leadsafe bullets. see here:

http://hipoint.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=5492

My arms are sore as hell from the pop drills. OK you ask, what's a pop drill? A pop drill is holding your ghotgun in your dominant hand, ready to fire, and a clay pigeon in your weak hand. Throw the clay out in front of you as hard as you can (usually this ends up being 8-10 yards) shoulder your shotgun and fire. I was shooting with a full choke so i missed more than i hit but its good practice for bird hunters to make hits on those fast, close birds where you have to take a snap shot. I broke a whole box of 300 and some clays and hit proably 40% or so. With a full choke thats not bad. ive hit as high as 95% using a cylinder choke and an 18" barrel but who hunts with that combo?

Pinged out a couple boxes of .22s with my Walther pistol, mostly just plinking at clays. I dont shoot that handgun for accuracy much. its no tackdriver like a ruger or a hammerli would be, but its perfely adequate for a fun gun. I shot a couple mags of 5.56 out of my AR-180B just keep in practice too. The 180 has a littel more recoil than a standard AR but its more accuate than i am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home