Tuesday, April 10, 2007

RCOB coyote hunting part 2

Ok lets move on. The issue here is sporting vs. vermin eradication. My dad is a farmer/rancher. He makes his living raising animals. Coyotes kill those animals and cut into his bottom line and living money. I kill coyotes by any means possible. poison, bullets, traps, whatever. As long as they are DEAD. Ive caught alot of flak because of this stance.

Ive had to put a bullet in a 50,000$ prize bull because a f'ing coyote ripped open his belly and scrotum and the vet was unable to reapir it. When you watch 50% of your profit for whole YEAR go POOF because of one of those vermin you tend to carry bad feelings. Ive found lambs and sheep that were ripped apart while still alive by packs of coyotes. Ive sewn up calves that were bitten and slashed. Trust me when i say ive been there.

Hunters seen to think that they are there for the sport of shooting. I poisned down three dens of about six animals each one year (on my dads land) and actually got in a fistfight over it. the hunter said i had no right to kill them in such an "inhumane" manner and should have shot them so they died cleanly, or better yet, let him do it. I told the guy to go take a flying leap and pushed him out of my way. the guy took a swing at me and i retaliated in kind. No charges were ever pressed but there is bad blood there to this day.

what i do on my land, is my buisness. My dad has deer hunters that come in every year but part of that is they take x number of does for each buck. usually about 3 to 1 as the bring young hunters with them every year. We dont grow monster bucks but the gene pool turnover is fresh enough that they grow good meat and average horns, usually 3x4 to 5x5 bucks. They are happy to have aplace to hunt and dad is glad to have the deer gone and not eating his winter cattle feed. They also shoot coyotes they see and also fun critters like skunks, procupines and other small game.

The second amendment doesnt say anyhting about hunting. until hunters realize they are doing what they do by the grace of the GF&P and the state, and not by right, we'll continue to have this argument. I have a right to own weapons of militia nature under the 2md amendment. Is your over and under really a militia ready weapon?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home