Tuesday, May 08, 2007

first part failure with my P22

Was out at the range to day and finnaly had a part failure with my P22. I had put about four bricks of CCI blazer through it and it was getting pretty warm. the front sights are made of plastic and just snap in. I ran out of blazer and switched to stingers and withing about five rounds the front sight popped off and nailed me in the forehead. Apprently it got warm enough the plastic base deformed and let it pop out. One part failure about at the 2000+ round mark for the day and 11k+ overall isnt bad.

I called Walther USA customer service and the nice fellow i talked to said while the sights were backordered he'd put me on the list and send me out a set as soon as they were back in, free of charge. I still ahd the #4 factory sight in my box but it shoots about 3" low with that so while its oiperable im gonna hang er' up until i get the right ones back. The CS rep also said its works best ot install them with a small drop of superglue to help hold them in place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home