Friday, November 17, 2006

Making a decision Pt 2

A line in the sand

The views i am about to publish are unpopular. I have been banned from message boards for speaking them. you can make of them what you will.

At some point, we as americans, as christians, and human beings will have to draw a line in the sand. I am reminded of Cpatain Picard in Star Trek: First Contact, "We draw the line here! This far, no farther!" This line will be where we fight no matter what the cost, no matter what the hardship until our goals are realized. Should we fail, the world will fall to darkness and freedom will be a mere footnote to history of a failed idea that was subjugated by the forces of fear and cowardice.

Where this line is drawn is a decision that is up to you to make as an individual. Where do you find reduction of your freedom unacceptable and are you willing to give up your luxury of wealth, your freedom or your very life to defend it? Most will give ground until there is no more to give. When they find themselves at the brink, they falter and fall into line with all others who simply "go with the flow". I am reminded of a quote and I fail to remember its speaker:
"Far greater is it, to dare mighty things and fail, than to take rank among the poor souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Most lack the courage to fight for what they believe. They are the "keyboard commandos" and "armchair patton's" of this world. Our founding fathers called them "fair weather patriots". They see all the options and choose the ones which will affect them the least. I fear many have fallen into this trap of laziness and ease.

There WILL come a day in this country when the choice must be made. No more putting it off till tomorrow, no more thinking about it. Make your choice NOW. You're with us or them. One or the other. No grey area to squabble about, no room for bending the rules. Black and white. When you choose your camp, you must stick to it. No changing horses in midstream. If you lack the courage to make that decision, you will be steamrolled by those that do and you will be lost.

Now back to gods plan. As stated before, god has a plan for each of us. Sometimes we can guess a bit at that plan by the skills and feelings he instills in us. Since i was a small child i have always felt some kind of warrior persona inside me. Not instilled by my praents or my peers, or by any other. Just that gut feeling that you tend to trust your entire life that this is right and this is wrong. I have done brave things and i have done cowardly things. They are part of growing up as a human. I have run up to a burning vehicle to help roll a propane tank away to contain the blaze and i have shirked a simple task because i was tired. All these things help a person learn what right and wrong is.

I know god has a special place in heaven for true warriors. Where war is a memory and those that have fought their battles may be at peace with others who know the harship of a cold foxhole, the sting of hot brass and the acrid odor of gunsmoke and death.

God has instilled a knowledge of weapons in me that is rare in our time. When i was six years old i picked up a handgun for the first time in my life and outshot people who had been doing it for years. I can pick up a totally unfamiliar rifle or SMG and within fifteen seconds i can operate it as well as a trained soldier. If god gave me these skills I believe he wishes me to use them. I don't deign to think i understand gods plan, for that is far above any mortal being. But maybe i can see just a littel bit of my part.

If i am needed to fight for what i believe in, so be it. whether i fight with words or hot lead i will always do my best. I will always lead by example and not word. I will never fear what i cannot control. I will always do what i think is right, regardless of cost or outcome. If you think you can do the same, i welcome your company and your counsel.

Whatever may come in this world, you must have the courage to face it head on and not slink away in fear. I DO NOT fear death in any way. Be it from cancer or a bullet, i have made my peace with god and am comforatble with what i have done in my life. I'm not proud of some of it but when i meet my maker i will stand up straight and say here is my life. I am not ashamed of it. I did my best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home