Sunday, October 08, 2006

South Dakota abortion ban debate coming to a head

The vote on whether or not to totally abolish abortion in SD is nearing. the only exception to the rule would be to save the life of the mother. this issue has divided this state pretty hard and has even turned inside my own family. My parents belive the bill is good as-is but i think there should be a exception for rape and incest. The current bill allows for emergency contraceptives inside of 72 hours which, while covering most situations, has its share of problems.

On the overall this is a good bill which as its planners have explicitly stated is designed to challenge Roe v. wade in the supreme court. Now im a god fearing religous man, but i dont go to church ( theres another sticking point with my parents) because i dont agree with alot of the "ritual" stuff they do. I think alot of people who are riding the fence will vote against it and then cop out with the "no exception" excuse.

I have a simple black and white view of it. Abortion is killing. End of freakin' story. You want to play you better be ready to pay.

the high school i went to was obligated to teach about condoms and contraception but i toned it out. At that age i was more interested in my drag car and my job. I didnt have a serious girlfreind until i was 18 and that only lasted a few months. i met my wife about a year after that and we've had a monagamous relationship ever since.

If you want to run around a play tomcat that's your buisness but when you start killing off the results of that behavior we have a problem.

I have very few political issues that trip my trigger but this is one of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home